Saturday, August 06, 2005

Memoir Writing

I am a writer, editor, author and college professor (earned my doctorate from Texas A&M University and completed post-doctoral work in creative writing under the tutelage of Southern writer Paul Ruffin at Sam Houston State), and I have started this blog to examine the fourth genre of literature that has come of age: creative nonfiction, especially memoir writing.

The initial desire to tell your story often comes from the desire to make sense of your life. One of the reasons blog journals haved become so popular, in my opinion, is seeded by this desire. But a major difference between many blogs and memoir writing is that blog journals are more of a stream of consciousness writing--this is what I am thinking, unedited--while retorying your life, writing your memoirs, includes the added necessary ingrediate of reflection.

Interested in this topic? Then, by all means, blog in and contribute, and tell your friends to visit as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cisco said...

Woo-hooo! the blog bug got you too! if you want any help, please let me know. I will share what little I know. PS. You cnt do jut one entry. You hav to keep posting. That way you build a fan base.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home